Published on June 9th, 2012 | by JT0
Oakley Team GB Flak Jacket Cycling Glasses
The new Oakley Team GB glasses
have just landed with us and I have to say, we were pretty impressed. The first things you notice are the weight and fit – almost as if you aren’t wearing glasses at all. The Flak Jacket also comes with a replaceable nose piece if you want to raise them when you are riding.
Here’s a few other reasons we rate the Flak Jackets so highly:
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in light, dark and flat light conditions.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant ‘O Matter’ frame material
- Optimized peripheral vision and side lens curvature
- Comes standard with Oakley Hydrophobic/Oleophobic anti-smudge lens coating on all lens options
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coating
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses
The Flak Jackets have recently been released with the Team GB limited edition colours in celebration of the London 2012 Olympics. Thankfully they are actually pretty nice looking rather than a gimmick and feature all the high end features you’d expect from Oakley. Get yourself a pair now for £175 – it’s a lot, but you are buying the Ferrari of the glasses world.